Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Enablex Experience Thus Far

So, while I have enjoyed success with Enablex, I invariably have suffered from the most common side effects that I have read about, a bladder infection and a kidney infection.

At first, I thought I was smooth sailing. I thought, Jee, it is so great to take the med and only have the most mildest side affect, a dry mouth. But the fun really began a month after taking the med.

It began when I felt like I had to pee constantly. I was so annoyed. I'd go to the bathroom, and then I would try to go again, just to see if I could get rid of that annoying feeling of always feeling like I had to go. After it went on for a few days, it occurred to me that I had a UTI of sorts.

I went to the doctor and took a urinalysis. Sure enough, I was right. I had abladder infection. I was prescribed antibiotics. A couple of weeks later, I developed a kidney infection.

I am fighting that kidney infection right now, as a matter of fact. I had this infection since this past Friday. I did not go to the doctor for it because I had enough antibiotics left over. Thank God, too, because I really did not feel like going to the doctor's.

Some of my friends asked me if I would discontinue taking the Enablex. I told them that I would not because I enjoy having full control of my bladder and love not having to rely on diapers. The infections are annoying; however, I can deal with them. What I think I am going to do is dramatically increase my daily water intake and drink some pure cranberry juice on a regular basis. I am sure that if I do that, the infections will be kept to a minimum or decrease until there are none at all.

I am going to have to discontinue taking Enablex when I become pregnant and when I breastfeed, though. It is not at all recommended to take Enablex when pregnant. As a matter of fact, I am not going to take *any* meds when pregnant, even those that doctors deem okay. Doctors say you can take some meds when pregnant, but I will not take any because I refuse to put any chemicals into my baby's body. I will not have to worry about any of that for a while because I do not plan to get pregnant any time soon.

No comments: