Monday, December 17, 2012

The Latest Happenings

Lately, I have been so busy. My husband is home from the military service, and I am scramming for money because my one job contract did not work out as planned. God is good, though, and the boss I have with the organization I am contracted with is still looking out for me. I am also trying to get things situated, so I have no down time with my business. I do have the backup Internet connection. Now, I need at least two backup computers. Since my business is online, these are necessary steps to take.

Anyway, on to the latest happenings. Things are not as I thought with the meds. I have been taking 7.5MG of Enablex. On this dosage, I have enjoyed complete daytime control, though, the bathroom usage was frequent. I would have occasional nighttime accidents. I was wearing a diaper to bed every night to avoid wetting the bed. However, I wanted to try seeing if upping the dose would make things better.

I talked to my doctor, and he agreed to up me to the 15MG dose. I was on that does for three days and suffered severe constipation and excruciating stomach pains. After speaking with the doctor's office, I was told to get off the meds (I stopped even before I talked to the office staff because I just could not take it anymore, and my husband did not want me to continue to suffer, either.), and then I was to start back slowly, alternating between the 7.5MG and 15MG doses every other day. I am supposed to watch and see how my body responds. I hope it responds well because I really wish to be free of the diapers altogether. If I do not respond well, then I am just going to have to remain on the 7.5MG dose that I have always been on because it does not cause any side effects, and I will just have to wear diapers at night and on very long trips where bathroom access is not going to be easily had.

No doubt, I do feel really down about the whole thing. I feel like I am back where I started, back at square one. I am wearing the diapers twenty-four/seven again until I get things under control. I did not want to do this, but I had no choice.

 

No comments: