Sunday, December 30, 2012

Evaluating My Situation


For the past couple of days or so, I have been sitting here and evaluating my situation as to why the 7.5MG dose of the Enablex drugs were not doing their trick in the past six months or so. As you have seen in previous posts, the meds were doing me a lot of good and allowing me to function normally. I did not have to wear diapers at all, and I could hold my bladder normally. Now, things are different. There were some things that stood out to me that were different that I feel may have influenced the effectiveness of the medication in these past six months or so.

1. I have been under significant stress from August until now, significant stress. I have had financial stress because my job was not panning out like I thought. Things are getting better there, though, so I hope to see that stress disappear soon.
2. I had increased in my consumption of fountain sodas. Fountain sodas always went right through me, so this is likely contributing to why I’d frequently go to the bathroom on the 7.5MG dose since summer or so.
3. I have also significantly increased my consumption of coffee, hot chocolate and tea in the past several months. I love all three of these beverages; however, I am wondering if I will either have to curve my consumption of these or stop it altogether.
4. I have even had the occasional energy drink from time to time as a means of battling the chronic fatigue when it rears its ugly head.

I am wondering now if all of these factors are not present, including the stress that things will improve on the 7.5 again and get back to what was. When I was first on that dose, as you all have seen from past posts, I felt liberated. There were no frequent bathroom visits and periodic wetting accidents at night. I am almost certain I am right about these four factors influencing the effectiveness of the meds based on all of the literature I have read over the years; however, it will be a while before I will have a chance to consult with my doctor about this. I currently do not have insurance, and I do not want to pay a gigantic price just to ask some questions at an appointment. My husband did send the check for the premium, and the insurance should become active once it is received. Now, it is just a matter of waiting.

I do still have the 15MG pills, and I can alternate between the 7.5 and the 15MG pills to see if I can get my body used to the higher dose, like the doctor said to do. The thing is that the 15MG dose caused me severe constipation and stomach pains, and I know these are side effects of the meds. If I can afford to take time off work, like a week or so, I may be able to try something, but that is not seeming practical for my present circumstances. What I will try differently if I do this again is to increase my fiber intake to see if the constipation and the stomach pains will be nonexistent. On the 15MG dose, I was not wetting the bed periodically, and the other three factors I mentioned were not causing any issues. If I can eventually get the 15MG dose to work for me, I can cope with the stress and still have all my beverages that I want. I will not have to make any sacrifices, except for the sodas which I have already given up due to dietary restrictions. I really do not miss them, but the hot chocolate another drinks, I want to continue drinking them. We shall see.



No comments: