Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'm Liberated!


Finaly, there is awesome news!

For the past week, I have been completely accident free. I can control my bladder like a normal individual--I do not get those strong urges that make me feel the need to run to the bathroom all the time, and I do not wet the bed. Improvements came faster than I expected. It feels so cool to wear underwear again and possess the ability to hold my bladder for several hours.

Now, I do currently have a bladder infection, a common side effect of the medication I am on, but that is nothing to me. I have had thousands of those in my lifetime, and I'd rather have a thousand more, if it means I will be able to control my bladder. UTIs and bladder infections are easy enough to treat and are not a severe side effect. Uncomfortable? Yes. Serious? No.

I am just going to have to take some precautions to make sure the infections stay to a minimum. I will have to consume more water, and I will have to add cranberry juice to my diet. That is fine with me. I just thank God there is a solution to my problem. I feel liberated!

2 comments:

Andy1050 said...

I'm with you in support. Incontinence since an injury in 1993, and coping with urinary issues 24/7. I agree totally with your opening statement...keep up the good work.
Andy.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

Which medication is this? I'm leery of using the medications because of the anticholinergic effects. I already have a tendency towards constipation because of my hypothyroidism, and I fear that using bladder control meds might just make it worse.